Thursday, July 24, 2008

Karate....

On Saturday morning, before we left for camp, I took Ryan to Karate while Jimmie slept. He did GREAT :). It really doesn't matter that he was the only kid there does it?

Monday night was Belt Ceremony. Of course, Ryan wouldn't be getting a new belt but he would be getting his patches for his uniform. The place was packed with people. And guess what... Ryan did GREAT. He was on the mat and did everything asked and even went up and got his stuff. I think I've figured it out though. I think he felt safer on the mat than he did on the floor because there were so many people sitting on the floor. Kind of ironic how it worked out.


Wedensday was just me and him at Karate. Yep, it stunk again :(. He wouldn't go on the mat so I made sure he understood that he needed to sit and watch and that if he was too tired to go on, then we needed to go home and go to bed. When they took a break, I finally got him on. He wouldn't go to his point tough and was jsut playing in the mirrors. Ms Lovely said it was great that he was just on the mat and it was ok. When he tried to run past her, she held him on a point for 2 minutes. He screamed bloody murder. But once it was done, I held him and calmed him down and got him right back on the mat. At that point class was done but he seemed fine so we will see how he reacts on Saturday. This is becoming almost fun. Ms Lovely did say that it took one of the other kids 1 1/2 months to even step on the mats. That was a little encourgement.

I just wanted to update on his new meltdowns. They have slowed down greatly and we have been able to manage them much better. I think we are over that little bump in the road. Let's see what is next on the horizon.

No comments: