Tuesday, July 29, 2008

OMG... Maybe just a fluke?

Today, he went all day in just his underwear. NO ACCIDENTS :). He even made a poop on the potty. His first time. When he got up he started crying and was yelling at Pepere to "get it out". Pepere was the wonderful man he is and explained that it's ok and what to do with it. Crisis averted. I am just so amazed at how well he is doing with it.

Karate. We are at our wits end. I don't get it. I don't get why it was ok and now it's not. I don't get why he won't go out on the darn mat. I DON'T GET IT. Jimmie is so frustrated. He spent yesterday yelling and Ryan spent the day crying. Yep. Great progress. Maybe he is just too young. I worry that if we don't stick this out, we are setting ourselves up for failure in many things to come. I feel that we need to do this for him. We will try again on Wednesday. Mr. Lovely said we could come in a 1/2 hour early to work alone with him. That would be great except it takes an act of congress just to get him there for class, nevermind earlier. Part of the problem yesterday is that he was awoke from his nap to go. Lately, his naps are not consistant and are getting later. I'm not sure if he's trying to give them up but he is a bear when he skips them so I feel like he still needs them. I think this is part of our Karate problem. He is either overtired come 5 o'clock because he hasn't slept or he was awoken from his nap and is a bear. I will try to get him there a little early on Wednesday to see if it will help at all. Stay tuned...

No comments: