Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Liking the color Orange

Oh my... I need to do a lot of catching up :). Preschool seems to be going great. His teachers both say that he is doing wonderful and that he is a pleasure to have there. He on the other hand, doesn't seem to like to talk about it. He has made a lot of new friends and is always excited to go. Dropping off isn't quite as smooth, but after a little time, he willingly says goodbye. I hope that part gets easier soon. It breaks our hearts some mornings when he just wants you to stay. I am going to stick with the assumption that unless I'm told differently, things are going great.

Gymnastics started back up a couple of weeks again. We didn't know what to expect. Last year, one of us did it with him because they were so young. This year, he's on his own. Let me just say that we were all pleasantly surprised. He runs right in and does a great job. He is becoming so independent. It is a wonderful thing to see.

Karate... WOO HOO! My little man was promoted to ORANGE BELT last night. Last week he tested for his new rank and did perfect. Sometimes it's hard to remember that he is only 3. He didn't know he was getting it. We just told him there was a party at Karate. Someone must've slipped because all of a sudden he yells "I"m getting an Orange Belt, WOO HOO". He was one VERY excited little boy. Baby Doll has been bitten by the Karate bug now too and we think she will try it out this Saturday. I am having many, many mixed emotions about this. Time will tell.

No comments: