Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vacation week

Oh so much to catch up on. We were on vacation last week and had a perfect week. The weather was wonderful. We went to NH for 3 days and went to Storyland. Ryan loved being in a hotel (except he kept calling it the hospital???). He loved Storyland. When we went on Tuesday, it rained a little in the morning so the park was empty. It was great. He only wanted to go on the tallest or fastest rides. He LOVED the roller coaster and log flume. He is such a little thrill seaker. We also went back to the little train museum down the road. He could literally spend hours and hours just looking at all the different setups. We will definately miss the place is it ever closes.

Potty training is offically done! I can't remember the last accident. However, he has now taken to calling us into the bathroom to show us his "big beautiful poop". Yeah, they are going to love him in preschool.

We go to visit preschool on Sept 4th and his first day got moved to the 8th. This really stinks because I need to be at work that day and Jimmie has his riffle course that day. I'll make it work, somehow.

Karate has changed him. He LOVES it and would go everyday if we could take him. Right now he goes 3 days a week. He just earned another star for his uniform. When we went to Storyland and needed to wait in line, he was fine. It didn't bother him that people were close to him or than they were even behind him. Karate has helped him in so many ways. I am so glad we found it and stuck with it.

He has his first sleepover last week. He slept at Memere's house. He went to bed late and slept through the night. He thought it was great.

He is just such a joy right now. I didn't want to come back to work this week :(. I can't believe how fast he is growing. He called me at work yesterday and told me that when he grows up, he wants to be an astronaut. I love you buddy and I hope you know that you can be anything you want to be.

No comments: