Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just a little update

We had PT eval this morning. There are still some areas we need to work on. We are going to do some special things at home and go back in 1 month for another eval. If he is still behind, we will resume weekly sessions.

Karate is gong GREAT! He even talks about how much he likes it. I am so very proud of him. Every session, they have an oath they say at the beginning and end of class. He has never even uttered one word of it. He would do the hand gestures but that was it. On Monday, he said the oath at the end of class, from start to finish. Mr. Lovely was amazed. He is so funny. He won't do anything until he knows he can do it completely and correctly. The first time he counted, it was to 20. The first time he tried his ABC's, he said the whole thing. Correctly. I am sure this part of his personality is why he only said one word at age 2.

He is continuing to do great with the potty. He even sleeps in just underwear and no accidents.

I have been trying to prep him for pre-school which starts in a couple of weeks. I have been trying to explain to him how we drop him off and he stays there by himself and then we will return to pick him up. I know he is understanding what I am saying because he will even say it on his own. Now, I'm just not sure if he is going to like it. Of course, it doesn't make it easy on him that the only people we have ever left him with are my parents. Oh, and poor UB when he was 6 months old.

We are on vacation next week. As much as I love my job, I so need this vacation. We are going away for a couple of days and then will hopefully get some work done around the house. If we just cuddled all week, that would be ok too :).

No comments: